Tuesday 12 February 2013

Well now I have the boat

A pretty successful trip to Hamble, Southampton in the UK. I viewed four J109s and a Beneteau 34.7 (10R). After much number crunching and soul searching I settled on the 34.7 and put in an offer on Monday and we did the deal subject to survey today.

The boat is a 2008 model, launched in 2009 and dry sailed since new, so in superb condition. Sails are racing Elvstrom from 2011 and lots of add ons such as upgraded winches.

So now I need to get the boat home - about 450nm. So a fair weather window required and some free time.

Have sent the liferaft and jackets for servicing. Antifoul will be applied next week - first time - seems such a shame. A furler is being fitted so that we are eligible for Dublin Bay White Sail racing this and next season as we build the team and sails cut to fit.

Now to get her home (need at least one other person aboard particularly if I come direct without stop - a long 48+ hrs trip at best).

... and the previous owner wants to keep the name so I need to think of a new one - that can be harder than the boat search !

Progressing to plan ....

No comments:

Post a Comment