Friday 8 February 2013

In search of the right boat

I am currently sitting at the Airport in Dublin and will board in a little over an hour for Southampton. I have such fond memories of sailing around the Solent (where I did my Yachtmaster some time ago now).

Today I head for Hamble to view a 2009 Beneteau 34.7 (10R) which has been dry sailed since new, and three J109s (one from 2005 and two from 2006). I am also meeting a rigger from Hamble Yacht services to discuss fitting furling gear to the 34.7 (a requirement for white sail racing in Dublin Bay) - the J109 already has furling as standard.

The 34.7 has a good set of 2011 Elvstrom racing and cruising sails, so I am meeting the Elvstrom rep to discuss options for recutting for a Furler.

I land at 11.30am, should be in the car by 12.00 and in Hamble by 12.30-13.00.

A busy day but Always fun looking at boats.

No comments:

Post a Comment